多思多金

美国企业家宣言

I do not choose to be a common person.
我有权选择不做一个平庸的人。

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.
我会尽我所能成为杰出的人。

I seek opportunity—not security.
我寻找机会,不寻求安稳,

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
我不希望成为一名有保障的国民,那将被人瞧不起。

I want to take the calculated risk,
我要做有意义的冒险。

to dream and to build,to fail and to succeed.
我要梦想,我要创造,经历失败,走向成功。

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我渴望奖励,拒绝施舍。

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
我要有挑战的人生,而不是有保障的生存;

the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
我要实现目标时的亢奋,而不是陈腐而不真实的平静。

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout.
我不会拿我的自由换取任何捐赠,也不会拿我的尊严换取任何施舍。

I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.
我决不会在任何权威面前发抖,也不会为任何恐吓所屈服。

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,而无所畏惧。

to think and act for myself;
我会为我的梦想去思考,去行动;

to enjoy the benefit of my creations;
享受我的创造带来的回报;

and to face the world boldly and say:
终有一天,我可以自豪地向世界宣告:

"This, with God's help, I have done."
“在上帝的帮助下,我做到了。”

当前页面是本站的「Google AMP」版。查看和发表评论请点击:完整版 »